Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Surprise...!

Da Da.....!

Back. And almost in the saddle again too. That is the surprise. We are actually starting to find normality (only been back 3 weeks!) and have done two mornings of maths with some other things thrown in. Wow, that's good, it's only Tuesday!!!

Have photos to post of Scholastic Bliss but they are on LittleH#1's camera and I need to find the cable and work out how to get them onto the computer. Or better still, I will let him do it.

LittleH#2 is extremely keen and #3 is also showing signs of promise. We sat together yesterday and did a little maths cutting and sticking exercise. LittleH#2 did it alone and for him I really wanted the discipline of the cutting practice and following the instructions, the maths was easy. But LittleH#3 wants to do school a bit now too, so I cut his, and he did the counting with my help (counting aloud is faster than his finger, so we need some co-ordination there!) and he is bombproof now with number recognition. I know he's 3 1/2 but I still think that's good, and although I realised about 6 mths ago he knew his numbers pretty well we hadn't done anything about it, like work or anything!!!

We've made some new friends recently, and I have a few things up my sleeve for myself too - Christian fellowship with other HS mums (fantastic mix of ages of children, backgrounds, and probably homeschool styles) and also latest idea: craft circle - I want to make a Waldorf Doll for Little Miss August 2009. She's going to be 1 soon and I would like her to have it for her birthday. So far we are unspoilt for dolls (ie we have none). None, that is, because we had a tiny little plastic baby doll that was v cheap (sort of an unwanted gift) and it had a strange smell. I decided the chemicals were probably volatile and didn't want her to eat / inhale / play with those kinds of molecules...

Recently have had lots of hope that we are not alone, God is providing for us in

many ways, and we are in a new chapter. Will save that for next post, but hopefully come back to this one when I have a couple of photos to add...



No comments:

Post a Comment