Friday, October 1, 2010

Time for myself...

I have had a few comments recently where people have said I don't get any time to myself. So true! Well almost. I don't get to go out shopping and drink cappuccinos (without little people in tow) and if I am at home and some of them are asleep that is basically my 'time to myself' equivalent. Anyway. For now, a bit of sewing usually does the trick and fools me into a false sense of 'me time'. It does mean though that the housework is neglected a bit (more).

Here are some things I have just made.


This is a quilt that has taken me about 6 weeks to make. Haven't wasted much time and have wanted to get it done as quickly as possible, whilst still doing a neat job. I've learned a lot as I have done it, and it has been a healing and a spiritual project as well as producing something as a gift for someone else. The story behind it is personal so not appearing here, but basically the outside blocks, sashing, binding and buttons represent all colours of sky, cloud and stars. The centre block represents the rainbow and dove.

This time I have quilted in the ditch, and around the stars which are officially Le Moyne stars. The design is completely my own which I am pleased with but it is a dedicated project and the design and work was done in prayer so the design is spiritually inspired rather than being anything about me being artistic! The rainbow block 'just about' works, it represents rather than looks like a rainbow, the inclusion of which was essential but problematic! The blocks are made from men's shirts, something else that limited my rainbow options. Anyway. Praying over the right time to gift the quilt to its intended owner, and excited about that.

Not so much of a story about this one! It is a waldorf inspired doll, for LittleMiss's second cousin's first birthday (got that?!) on Sunday. Started it Weds afternoon, finished it Thursday evening. so not onerous although I need to put some time back in the housework exchequer today.


2 comments:

  1. Love the quilt (and the doll). I'm sure the quilt will be MUCH appreciated by the one who receives it...and that they will be much blessed by the prayers and care that went into it. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete