Monday, September 13, 2010

Bad Day...

I should at least record something about bad days! Seeing as we have them, well, every now and again.

Last Friday, apart from the park gathering, was a total disaster from beginning to end. In fact the only reason I went to the park was because I wanted to go, to meet other mums. So I made sure LittleH#3 had a small sleep after an incredibly early lunch, it ALMOST all went to plan and then we went to the park.

But the rest of the day was a blur of badness. I broke things, dropped things, can't even remember what work they did, even though actually the day started really well. Matthew was out of the house before 8, and work commenced well before 9am and I felt a great big stretch of space ahead of me. Started ahead but still fell way behind. Matthew arrived home probably exactly 12 hrs later by which time my disastrous tea (which bless the boys they ate all up!!!) was over, (but still pretty much all over the table, the floor, the kitchen...), they were all in bed by 7.30pm (miracle) and the day was over. Not to be repeated. So a bad day, it did have school in it but all I can remember was how terrible I felt, how it all went wrong, and how it put doubts in my mind about what a good idea this is.

Shame, cos I started the day re-reading a few blog entries and being really encouraged about what I'd written before (main reason for writing blog = keep record for ourselves and if anyone else reads it, well that's ok and good). So I resolve to keep more records on here and hopefully the overall picture will once again be encouraging.

Today's been a haven of scholastic and domestic bliss (I exaggerate just to smile at myself) and I will record that separately. Then I can pick and choose what I come back to and read, according to my mood!!

But for now, the main lesson I LEARNED last Friday, was "take every thought and catch it" as Colin Buchanan sings around in my head. "think about J-E-S-U-S- fix your thoughts on him"...

No comments:

Post a Comment