Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Holiday Club Phonics: Taking the 'I' out of 'Me'

Ha ha. So, my new fitness / headspace / soon-to-fail morning routine now involves a 15 minute brisk walk by myself with LittleH#4 in the pushchair while Matthew makes the breakfast. I will keep it up as long as I can for the headspace (and have realised I don't need to feel guilty for a 15 minute escape from the house at the start of the day, because I don't get to escape for the rest of it, do I?!). Although I am sad to say that after a quick search on the net I discover in terms of fitness, 15 mins a day isn't going to get me anywhere fast.

The irony of the walk, today, is perfect. I like Joyce Meyer's phonics - she was talking to me as I walked about taking the 'I' out of 'Me'. I don't think LEM's 2 sounds for 'e' include that sound, but my 'Me' still does I am afraid! I have long realised God is teaching me about the death of self. A slow painful death, isn't it? Some days I do ok, but of course on the day I start with a brisk walk and teaching on the subject, I spend the rest of the day feeling inconvenienced, tired, stressy and not at all selfless!

The best part of today's lesson was realising I can link to Bible Gateway's verse of the day on the side bar of the blog. What's the verse for today? Galatians 2:20. "I have been crucified with Christ........" I can't read those words without singing the whole passage thanks to Colin Buchanan, so perhaps I will hum it as I walk tomorrow after I have listened to Part 2 of the Joyce Meyer phonics talk.